Aftercare Counselor - MOST Aftercare (Part-Time)
This position is responsible for the daily tutorial and educational lessons and daily direct care and supervision of the children in the KID Aftercare and Summer Camp Program. This includes providing and overseeing individualized accommodations for children with academic deficiencies. The Counselor must establish and maintain a structured learning environment that is safe, nurturing, and enriching. This is a year-round position.
- Responsible for safety of children
- Maintains positive communication with parents, children, and other staff members
- Plan and implement projects
- Keep supplies and classroom clean and organized
- Dress appropriately and follow the school dress code
- Arrive to work on time
- Clock in and out on a daily basis
Skills / Requirements
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must have completed the 45 hours of DCF Child Care Licensing training (Part 1 & 2) and must have passed the exams. Staff Credential preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience working with children from diverse populations.
- Experience in aftercare, summer camp, or day care preferred.
- Availability for one of the following shifts is required:
- Must be willing to work part-time (20 hours per week): Monday-Friday, 2 P.M. - 6 P.M. during the school year, with ability to fill in additional hours as needed; and ability to work mid-day during the summer.
- Must be willing to work part-time (25 hours per week): Monday-Friday, with ability to work full time hours in the summer, and ability to work 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. on non-school days
"Please submit a copy of your DCF 40-45 hours Childcare Transcript Training with your resume as one attachment"
Salary range: $10-$12 /hour
It is the policy of Kids In Distress to provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and to applicants for employment in accordance with laws, statutes and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Kids In Distress is a Drug Free Workplace and requires drug testing.
Job Status: Part Time